What Women have going for them in the New Dark Age.

 


I don’t mean this to sound unkind. What they have going for them is what they’ve always had going for them in every line of work. Breasts, hair, and eyes. I guess, also legs.

Surely I don’t need to explain.

I wish I cared a little bit. I don’t. Rachel Maddow wouldn’t last a round with me in a fair debate. I might get distracted some in a go-round with Megyn Kelly. But she’s not Edmund Burke. I’m more Ambrose Bierce, which is kind of deadlier than Burke. 

I don’t mind them taking over the airwaves. God knows the men are every bit as dumb and ditzy. What I do mind is their voices. Little girl voices, like we shouldn’t notice they’re just playing at being grownups. Way back when women were actually trying to compete, not just win some ratings contest, there were women who learned how to speak. Easy to fall in love with them it was.

Nancy Dickerson

Smart, beautiful, and competent. Back when the patriarchy gave women no chance. Note that the interviewer was actually interested in her response. I always would be.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The After Party

Impaired Consciousness is the Invisible Plague

I could blow it all up